Honey Mustard Chicken & Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potato Recipes
Honey Mustard Chicken
Bake Time: 60 minutes
- 3 pounds of chicken (I used wings and breast pieces of chicken previously)
- 1/3 cup of country style Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons of local honey (great for allergies)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- add salt to taste - optional
- If chicken is frozen, thaw in refrigerator the night before you plan to cook it.
- Trim chicken and cut off fat, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on an ungreased rectangular pan.
- Mix the mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Brush half of mustard mixture on up side of chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from oven, flip chicken over and brush remaining mixture on chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes longer.
Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Cook Time: Approx 30 minutes
- 9 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened plain cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Wash and trim sweet potatoes
- Place potatoes in boiling water. Cook covered for 10 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.
- Drain the potatoes in a strainer.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl, add cinnamon,salt, pepper and milk slowly and mix with hand mixer until smooth.