We are taking the plunge! We are starting our first family detox!
After several nights out, fatigue, brain fog and too much stress, we determined that it was time to commit.
- We have decided to write our own rules for our 10 day real food detox, not surprising I’m sure to anyone who knows me personally.
- We will be eliminating gluten (as always), dairy, alcohol, added sugar and meat.
- We will be consciously limiting coffee, but will not be eliminating it entirely for the 10 days because well… sanity.
- We will be consuming a plant based diet, packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats and greens.
- We will be increasing our water intake will aid in flushing out our systems and rehydrating our bodies.
- We will be supplementing with green drinks and herbal teas.
My favorite teas while detoxing are YOGI Peach Detox Tea, Parsley Tea, and Nettle Leaf Tea. All three have amazing healing and cleansing properties.
Our goal from this cleanse is to come out with a deeper appreciation for how we fuel our bodies. We want to feel re-energized, refreshed and renewed. We are looking to eliminate fatigue, brain fog, toxic foods and stress; all of which take a serious toll on our bodies.