Memorial Day is Monday, picnics and barbecues will be in full swing!
Here are a few of my favorite (and super easy) picnic hits!!
1. Hard-boiled eggs. You can never go wrong with these. Clean, simple, and packed with 6 grams of protein per egg. Want to mix up the traditional hard-boiled eggs, check out my recipe for avocado deviled eggs.
2. Cubed watermelon. Super hydrating and sweet, making it the perfect dessert! Want to get extra fancy? Cut your watermelon in half, carve out the entire inside of one half, and place cubed watermelon back inside… using it as your dish!
3. Massaged kale salad. This is one of my go-to’s because it is so versatile, you can mix it up by adding shrimp, chicken, or tofu to this salad for extra protein.
4. Salmon Lettuce Wraps are a go-to for any backyard function!
Memorial Day (and pretty much every summer picnic) would not be complete without a healthy cocktail! My favorite go-to cocktail is vodka soda.
This cocktail is easier for your body to process and breakdown, and is gluten free, dairy free, and sugar-free!
- 1 glass with ice
- 1 oz Tito’s Vodka
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 4 oz of club soda
- Stir and Enjoy! Happy Memorial Day!