Makes 12 egg muffins
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast? Something healthy the kids will actually want to eat in the morning? We’ve got the solution!
Egg muffins are a nutritious and easy breakfast option for everyone in your family.
There are so many ways to modify and adjust the recipe to meet your dietary needs. For example, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs to reduce cholesterol. Vegetarians can choose to exclude meat and substitute extra vegetables instead. For those of you who are dairy free, leave out the cheeses or use a cheese substitute.
- 8 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place cupcake liners inside of cupcake tin (for this recipe we will use a 12 cupcake tin), spray the liners with coconut oil spray (sides and bottom).
- Crack all 8 eggs and whisk together in a bowl until smooth.
- Dice onion, and sauté in a pan with 1 tsp of avocado oil until the onion becomes translucent.
- Dice and clean red bell pepper and add to onion pan, cook until pepper becomes soft.
- Dice prosciutto, and add to pepper and onion in pan.
- Pour eggs evenly into cupcake tin, filling about halfway.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add vegetable mixture to the eggs. Adding approximately 1 tsp to each tin.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of each egg tin.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, depending on your oven.