This week we have a guest blog post from Julia Szilagyi! She is sharing her recipe for chocolate chip banana muffins. Yum!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Mornings can be a very busy time, and some days there isn’t enough time to sit down and eat a solid breakfast. This recipe is perfect for those days, grab and go!
- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 1⁄2 Cups of Mashed Bananas (approx. 3 medium bananas)
- 4 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips (you can substitute with chopped nuts)
** You may use gluten free flour and non dairy milk; remember to modify recipes in a way that fits your specific diet. **
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray a 12 cup standard muffin tin (or 24 cup mini muffin tin) with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk the following ingredients dry: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then add honey, oil, vanilla, milk, Greek yogurt and egg Mix well until the ingredients are combined and smooth
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl, and mix (or whisk) until fully combined
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin tin with batter (almost to the top)
- Bake until you insert a toothpick toothpick into the muffins and the toothpick comes out clean. Bake Time: 20-25 minutes for regular sized muffins or 14-16 minutes for mini muffins.
- When ready, remove the muffins from the oven, and let cool for 5 minutes.